Good Morning! Where did the weekend go? I wanted to discuss and show you the health and skin benefits of dry brushing. I believe I first learned about this on some video on YouTube. So of course, I am like ok.. let me by one on Amazon. I will buy an inexpensive one, incase I do not like it and no big loss. SO I bought one from Dr. Barbara Sturm. Again, you can find these with a handle, or any shape or size.
Caution!! Beep Beep! do not do this with irritated or sensitive skin.
First impression was Ouch! No way no how. Then I read the actual benefits in depth:
- It can help reduce the appearance of cellulite-ok yes pls.
- It Eliminates Dead Skin..yes some people do it outside as you do see dead skin flying.
- It Enhances Blood Circulation And Cleansing Of The Lymphatic System.
Lymphatic system and the removal of toxins
The lymphatic system helps your body fight off infections. Fluids flow through the system and are filtered through the lymph nodes. If you’re sick or exposed to a lot of toxins, the system may become backed up and clogged. That is why your lymph nodes often become swollen when you have a cold.
Dry brushing is thought to help the body release toxins through sweat. The course bristles on the brush stimulate the pores and open them up. This makes it easier for the body to sweat, which in turns reduces the amount of toxins flowing through the lymphatic system
- It Promotes Even Fat Distribution.
- It Enhances Nutrients Absorption By The Skin.
- It Rejuvenates The Nervous System. ..
- It Enhances Digestion And Kidney Functionality.
- Promotes relaxation
To dry brush, use a natural fiber brush with a long handle. The long handle will help you reach all areas of your body. Follow these steps:
- Start at your feet and move up your body.
- Brush your skin using wide, circular, clockwise motions.
- Use light pressure in areas where your skin is thin and harder pressure on thicker skin, like the soles of your feet.
- Brush your arms after you have brushed your feet, legs, and mid-section. You should brush upward towards your armpits.
- After dry brushing, take a cool shower to help remove the dry skin.
- After your shower, dry off and then consider adding natural plant oil, such as olive or coconut oil, to moisturize your skin. Heathline.com
It took me awhile to get over the feel of it, but I do see a difference in my skin and overall wellness. It is never to late to start taking care of yourself and your insides. Remember..you only get ONE skin… ONE body!!!